Anni Keane and Aileen Rosario interview Chester Jackson and, later in the hour, his daughter Eboney Wright-Simmons about issues of adopting teens who are raising babies. Chester became a grand father when Eboney, at 15, had a baby. Chester shares some of his faulty parenting techniques around the time of Eboney’s pregnancy and he shares with the audience, with 20/20 hindsight, what he could have done a lot better. This was an interesting discussion all around about the importance of teen moms needing permanent parents and how these parents can best help their daughters raise their very young children.
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate