Dawn Wadiak started the Attachment and Trauma Institute in the State of Virginia to help kids in care heal from past trauma by working with the families the children find themselves in. This is a very interesting discussion about a treatment approach that is not solely child-focused and behaviorally directed. It looks at a child’s severe behavior as a language that needs to be understood in the context of that child’s developmental history. A very interesting discussion with Pat O’Brien, Chester Jackson, and Anni Keane. Anni appeared on this program as a special guest who both asked and answered some interesting questions.
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate