Aileen Rosario does an interview with Jeanette, 21, a young lady who recently aged out of foster care, but not her permanent home, at the age of 21. Jeanette is a young mother of two with a third due in October who speaks about the benefits of having a permanent family. She not only speaks of the importance of having a parent but also siblings who help out alot too. It is an interesting discussion about the struggles of parenting outside of the foster care system.
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate