Pat Dudley hosts this discussion on the stresses both youth and their families go through around holiday time and how they can overcome these stresses. Richard, 20, shares his journey being placed as a teen into a permanent home with his sister, and he shares insights about what some traumatized teens go through around the holiday season. Then Pat and the young man’s mom, Danielle Skelly, share some of their insights and experiences as well. A very interesting conversation about holiday stress during a normally considered joyful time of the year.
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate