Listen to this fabulous interview that Denise Royal and Chester Jackson conducted with Loretta Tayar — a single mom who made the adoption commitment to two daughters. Loretta comes to this broadcast with alot of experiences from the last two-year-and-a-half years of parenting two young adults, both of whom moved in over the age of 18. Loretta brings alot of great insights into parenting young adults and she is very open and honest sharing her perspectives about a wide variety of issues from her relationship with her childrens’ birth families to her opinions about teens getting tatoos.
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate