Do teens in care have a constitutional right to a permanent home? Do they have a due process right to a forever family? Is not finding, or attempting to find, a permanent home a civil rights violation? These questions get asked and answered to and by our guest Dr. James Kenny, Ph.D who recently had an article published in Fostering Families Today entitled “The Right to a Permanent Home.” Dr. Kenny founded the organization Adoption in Child’s Time to help promote bonding and permanency in “child’s time” for all children in foster care.
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate