Enjoy this excellent Mother’s Day broadcast celebrating the contribution that single mothers have made in offering permanent homes to teens in the foster care system. Chester Jackson interviews Erika Tullberg, Iris Johnson, Susan Grundberg, and Joanie Siegel about what this Mother’s Day means to them. Interesting conversations covering many issues in the area of single moms adopting teens and the incredible contributions single moms have made in preventing teens from simply aging out of the foster care system to no one.
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate