Freshly back from the North American Council on Adoptable Children (NACAC) conference in Hartford Connecticut, Denise Royal and Pat O’Brien chat about what they got out of this years conference. This was NACAC’s 36th Annual Conference and Pat presented at this conference for the 23rd year in a row. Pat and Denise have alot of interesting observations about what they learned and Chester Jackson hosted the discussion..
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate