On this issue of Teen Talk, Yolanda tells her story about moving into to an adoptive home after turning the age of 18. Her story is fasinating and she talks about a lot of the issues related to emerging adults moving into adoptive homes after they have already reached the age of majority. Conversation about how you negotiate with your 18 year old about school, curfew, and issues like that were discussed. Anni Keane hosts along with Chester Jackson.
- Cory Carter, Founder of Charlotte’s Web, Adult Adoptee who Aged out at 18
- YouTube Sensation Joe Toles Talks About YGB Video of his Family
- Mom, Kathleen Arundell, adopts her son’s best friend as a teen.
- Fasion Maxwell, adopted as teen, talks about C.P.R.
- The Experience of Transgender Youth in Foster Care with Nia Clark
Tagsadult adoption aggression Alex Lonzo birthparents commitment community Danielle Skelly Denise Royal education Eli Nealy family film Former Foster Youth foster care grandparents group homes holiday season homeless kinship large families LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane mentors mothers day motivational speaker NACAC Nicole Dobbins orientation parenting permanent family permanent home siblings single dad single mom songs special needs support group teen moms teen talk trauma unconditional love violence volunteer young adults