Enjoy this fabulous discussion about claiming and unconditional commitment to our children no matter what happens. Our guest, Melanie Tem, wrote a fabulous concept paper delivered at a NACAC conference in 1985 entitled Claiming and Bonding in Adoption. Melanie is currently the Director of the Waiting Child Program at the Adoption Alliance in Denver Colorado. She is the adoptive mom of five children and an author, novelist, and writer. This is a great discussion between Pat O’Brien, Melanie Tem, and Chester Jackson about how important claiming and unconditional commitment from the first day of placement is crucial to the success of any placement.
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate