Another excellent discussion about the power and value of having parents long after one has moved out on their own. Denise shares that her daughter will be getting married the Monday after this radio interview on Valentine’s Day and all the discussions that she had with her daughter about the Wedding up to this date. The Wedding will be a modest one but the points made in this discussion is that young folks can always benefit from parents and parenting advice despite the fact that they are out on their own and married. This support group is a great discussion about the important role parents play in the lives of their young adult children.
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate