In and out of foster care all her life, spending nearly her entire adolescence in care, Regina Calcaterra aged out of foster care to no one but herself. She managed to get her college degree by age 21 and even earned her law degree at age 29. By all standards she is a super success! Hear this interview and hear why Regina wishes a family had been recruited for her as a teenager in the foster care system. She has a fascinating story and you won’t want to miss this interview. Pat and Chester Host. Also hear about Regina’s effort to get her birth father’s DNA even though she was a grown adult when she got a Washington State Court to order it.
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate