Why are holidays sometimes rough for traumatize children? Two parents, Denise Royal and Chester Jackson, explore the importance of setting Holiday traditions while respecting the traditions of our childrens’ past. This program also raises awareness that holiday times in and of themselves are sometimes traumatizing for youth with a history of difficult times surrounding the holiday . Denise and Chester also address how important it is for parents to have reasonable expectations for their children during the holiday season. Play Radio Show Here
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate