Today’s special guest is Mary Keane, gay single adoptive mom of several teens and young adults. Today was a very special day for Ms. Keane because many of her grown children got together on this day to throw her a special appreciation party and we asked Mary to share her thoughts about the day. In addition, Mary shares her incredible life over the past twelve years parenting a number of teens and young adults from the foster care system. She has great insights and wisdom and is very much worth listening to. Both Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show Here
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate