Brandon Rutledge came into care the summer before he entered 8th grade. Been through a variety of homes before he moved in with his young foster parents the summer before his Senior year fulfilling his goal of staying in his same school district in order to graduate H.S. on time. Brandon twice rejected adoption as a teen in care, but something very interesting happened when he met his foster mom’s parents. Learn how Brandon’s foster mom became his sister. Pat O’Brien hosts this program today. Play Radio Show Here
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate