This evening we interview Jessica Maxwell, the Coordinator of the New York State Youth In Care Coalition, an entity started by the Children’s Aid Society here in New York City. Jessica was a former youth in care herself who was brought on by the CAS as the Coalitions first Coordinator after she graduated Hunter College with her Master’s of Science in Urban Affairs. Jessica is a strong advocate of youth in care completing their education and she shares her heartfelt story about her years in care as well. Pat O’Brien hosts this program today. Play Radio Show Here
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate