Our guest this evening is Juliana McMillian a Department caseworker who ultimately adopted 17 year old Alixes Rosado. She became Alixes’s family’s caseworker when Alixes was 14 years of age. She was first the family worker, then became her Alixes’ mentor, and finally got permission to have him move into her home forever shortly before he turned 18. Hear the entire story as only Juliana can tell it. Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show Here
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate