This evenings guest is Yasmin Mistry, film producer and director, and founder of Foster Care Film, a company that produces documentaries on youth involved in foster care. We discussed this evening FCF’s first film, “Feeling Wanted”, which was a 14 minute short featuring Charell Star Charleston’s foster care experience. We also talked about their second project “My Identity” which will be screened at Videology Bar and Cinema in Williamsburg Brooklyn on Monday evening November 30th (https://goo.gl/TDRn6S) Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show Here
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate