Tonight’s guest is You Gotta Believe’s newest board member Gretchen Beidl. Gretchen and her husband Michael have made the commitment to morally adopt two daughters thus far from the foster care system who were both older teens when they moved in. Gretchen talks very passionately how important pre-placement preparation combined with post placement support is for families who come forward to create their families in this way. An absolutely delightful conversation. Gretchen is a true advocate for prospective parents to create their families in this way. Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show Here
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate