We interview Lori Ross, President and CEO of Foster/Adopt Connect about a bus tour organized in five cities in Missouri that her organization hosted and organized this year for the second year in a row to create awareness around National Adoption Month. The bus tour was created to give legislators, policy makers, business people, and the media a visceral feel of what it is like to be a child in the foster care system. A very innovative idea, with a very interesting guest. Take a listen. Hosts Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson Play Radio Show
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate