This broadcast’s guest is Yasmin Mistry, an award-winning film producer and director who founded Foster Care Film, a company that produces documentaries on youth involved in foster care. In this interview we discuss Yasmin’s third film, “Family Rewritten”, about a young woman, Camilla, who came into foster care at 17. The discussion was around the issues for a youth this age coming into the foster care system for the first time and the creative way a permanent home was found for her.
Hosts Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson Play Radio Show
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate