This broadcast speaks with a young philanthropist and High School Senior, Ryan O’Day, about the Teens Gotta Believe 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament that is being held at North Shore High School on April 1st, 2017 from 1pm to 6pm. Listen to this fascinating story of a young man who felt a call to action after reading the book “Etched in Sand” which inspired Ryan to take positive action on behalf of youth aging out of the foster care system. This year is the 2nd Annual Teens Gotta Believe event. Ryan and his sponsors and friends raised over $8,000 for You Gotta Believe in its first year. Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate