This broadcast’s guest is Nathan Ross. Nathan was adopted as a teen and became part of a large adoptive family. He initially struggled in this new family and then as he matured he learned a lot about life and the power of all family: both adoptive and birth. Nathan now hosts his own radio program in Kansas City Missouri as he works his day job as a Supervisor of a youth program at Foster/Adopt Connect, a well know agency that focuses on permanency for youth in the Kansas City area. Nathan shares that his radio program called “Fostering Hope” was, in part, inspired by this radio forum. Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate