Desiree Moore didn’t enter foster care until 17.5. She had a teacher that recommended that she get involved in a Youth Summit. She then became a full time Youth Advocate for four years before she recently started working on You Gotta Believe’s staff. Listen to her fascinating story including how she was honored by the White House as a “Champion of Change” for being an ordinary person doing extraordinary things in her region of the country. Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
- Fostering Hope with Nathan Ross
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate