This broadcast evening’s guest is Heather Forbes the keynote speaker at the upcoming NACAC “Family Matters” conference in Atlanta, GA, from July 19-22. Heather will be speaking on the subject of what parents can do when their children seem not to love themselves or have a negative belief system about themselves. Heather shared many of her thoughts about why children have these negative beliefs including not only children who may have moved into families at much older ages but also children who may have moved in to their homes right after birth. A very interesting discussion. Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate