Our guest this broadcast is Yaridania Betancourt, an advocate for youth in the foster care system and a Program Coordinator with You Gotta Believe and one of its newest staff members. Yari was placed in foster care as a teen, signed herself out of care at 19, and shares her story about how this experience has lead her to the career that she now has making life better for young people in the foster care system. Pat O’Brien and Chester Jackson host Play Radio Show
- AGAPE – A New Post Adoption Program
- Anita and Linda DeSantis Share Their Adoption Story
- Yaridania Betancourt – Making life better for youth in care.
- Helping Children Love Themselves and Overcome Their Negative Belief Systems with Heather Forbes
- Entered Foster care at 17 and aged out at 21 with Desiree Moore.
TagsAdopted at 18 All Children All Family Anni Keane Beyond Consequences commitment Danielle Skelly Denise Royal documentary education Etched in Sand extreme recruitment family film Former Foster Youth Foster/Adopt Connect foster care holiday season homeless Huffington Post Human Rights Campaign kinship LGBT Mary Chancie; Mary Keane moral adoption mothers day NACAC Nobody Ages Out orientation parenting Paul Snellgrove permanent home Regina Calcaterra Search siblings single dad Sue Badeau support group teen moms teen talk trauma volunteer Wednesday's Child young adults Youth Advocate